Codes & Restrictions
This is an important addendum to the Ventana Student Housing Lease Contract.
1. Rent is due on the 1st day of the month and you have until the 5th day of the month to pay without penalty. We will accept check or money order only (in the office); please make sure that your name, apt #, and specification of month’s rent is printed on your payment. Rent is considered late on the 6th day of the month and the standard late fee is $30.00. There will be $25.00 fee for all returned checks plus any late fees. Rent can be paid by mail or by dropping it off at the office. The rent drop box is located outside of the office in the clubhouse; you may drop payment off here M-F 8 am-10 pm/ Sat 10 am-6 pm. The mailing address is: 1386 South 400 West, Orem, Utah 84058. Online payments may also be made using an accepted credit card or e-check. (Ventanaapt.com)
2. Loud noises such as music, social gatherings and other disturbances, must be kept at reasonable levels. Loud musical instruments will not be allowed at Ventana. Quiet hours are 12:00 am to 7:00 am on weeknights and 1:00 am to 7:00 am on weekends (Fri-Sun). Guests are not allowed during these hours without prior written approval (See 3. below).
3. Tenant may not have an overnight guest without advance notice to and written consent of Owner and all other Tenants in the living unit. A $20.00 per night per guest fee will be assessed to Tenant. Any guests who are not authorized to spend the night must leave the premises by 12:00 am on week-nights and 1:00 am on weekends (Fri-Sun). Violators will be assessed a fine of $75.00 and may be evicted.
4. Sink disposals do not accept pull tabs, twist ties, fruit and vegetable peels or poultry. Be sure to run water down the sink while the disposal is running. Tenants are responsible for the cost to repair disposals that become clogged due to abuse or negligence.
5. Candles and open flames are not allowed at Ventana. A $100.00 fine will be assessed to anyone that lights a candle in the apartment. Hair straighteners and curling irons must be unplugged when tenant is finished using them. A $50.00 fine will be assessed to anyone that leaves these appliances plugged in and unattended. Please make sure you never leave the room when food cooking in the kitchen. If there is no fire, but your cooking produces smoke open your apartment windows to avoid the building alarms sounding unnecessarily. Tenants will incur a $50 fee if they set off the building fire alarms when unnecessary.
6. Tenants will be held responsible for broken windows or bent screens. Screens are not to be removed unless an emergency demands otherwise. A $25.00 fine will be assessed to anyone removing a screen. A bill will be sent to the responsible party immediately.
7. Apartments must be kept reasonably clean at all times. Tenants are responsible for keeping apartments clean and tidy at all times. Management may perform cleaning inspections at their discretion. If the apartment does not pass the inspection, a second inspection will be performed and the responsible tenant will be assessed a $15 recheck fee. If the apartment is still unacceptable, the apartment will be cleaned at a rate of $35 per hour, one hour minimum. Payment will be due immediately after being notified by management. Those who fail to make such a payment may be evicted.
8. Do not place paper towels, Q-tips, feminine articles or any clogging materials down the toilet. Clogged toilets due to resident neglect will be the tenant’s responsibility.
9. Apartment furniture must be kept in the apartment it belongs to. Bedroom furniture must be kept in designated bedrooms unless authorization is received from Ventana management. A $75.00 fine will be assessed to those responsible for moving furniture out of bedrooms or apartments. Couches must be kept on the floor. Couches lifted by cinder blocks, milk crates or any other objects will be subject to replacement at the expense of all those living in the apartment.
10. Residents will be given a check in packet at the time of occupancy. Check in packets must be filled out completely and returned to management. A $50.00 fine will be assessed for any check in packets not returned to management within 5 days of the commencement of occupancy. Upon checking out residents must schedule a checkout time with management. Rooms must be completely empty before checkouts can be completed. Residents who do not schedule a checkout with management will be subject to $50.00 fine.
11. Mattress covers must be used on all beds in the apartment. Management will be checking for these during cleaning inspections. A $20.00 fine will be assessed at each inspection if the bed has no mattress cover (fitted sheets).
12. All damage to walls due to hanging posters, pictures or other items will be repaired by Ventana Student Housing at the resident’s expense. Hanging items on the walls is extremely discouraged. Wall mounted TVs, projection equipment, and installed shelving cause significant damage and are not allowed at Ventana. Violators will be fined $100 plus the cost of repair.
13. There will be a $25 fine assessed for use of the washer and dryer by anyone other than contracted residents of the apartment in which the washer and dryer are located. Residents of the apartment will be responsible for the fine.
14. The rental rate stated in each contract entitles the resident to the use of one (1) bedroom. Any resident who occupies any bedroom other than their own with 1 or more articles that belong to them will be charged a minimum of $50 and up to ½ month’s rent if the articles continue to remain in the bedroom.
15. Babysitting will not be allowed on the premises.
16. Any personal items left in the apartment after you move out shall be deemed abandoned in accordance with provisions of Utah law.
17. All tenants in the apartment are responsible for the rental unit and for personal guests. Tenants will be held responsible for any damage or disruptive behavior caused by any individual that enters the apartment.
18. Tenant will not smoke, possess/use illegal substances or possess/consume alcohol on the premises or in the common areas. Tenant is responsible for insuring that members of the Tenant’s family, or persons invited on the premises by the Tenant do not smoke, possess/use illegal substances or possess/consume alcohol on the premises or in the common areas. Violators will be assessed a fine of $50.00 and may be evicted.
19. In order to make Ventana a fun and safe environment we encourage you to report any violations or disturbances to the office and, if applicable, to the Orem Police Department. We are here to provide you with a fun and enjoyable living standard. Office: 224-1205. Orem Police Department: 229-7070.
Additional rules and information may be found in your lease contract; see management if you would like a copy.